Get up, Tuscaloosa! It’s a new day of activity in the city, so catch up with us on all your top headlines.
In todays Dailywe have these stories and more…
- The football season in Alabama is ending.
- Northside Teacher Arrangements Set.
- TPD Civic Academy.
But first today’s weather: Cloudy, a few showers. High: 68 | Low: 39 🌦
Business Owners and Marketers in Tuscaloosa: Want to Raise Awareness? with local customers? I have a limited number of sponsorships available to introduce our readers to local businesses they need to know about. Click here to learn more.
🗣 patch shout out 🗣
]Our shout out this Saturday morning goes to our friends in Samantha who are mourning the death of Jennifer Bible, science teacher at Northside High. She has had a huge impact on so many, including the author of this newsletter. We will miss you but never forget you.
🗞 Here are the top 5 stories in Tuscaloosa today 🗞
- The first-seeded Alabama Crimson Tide saw its most historic season in school history come to an end on Friday night in Cary, North Carolina, with a 3-0 loss to No. 1 seed UCLA in the semifinals of the NCAA women’s soccer tournament. (Tuscaloosa Patch)
- Memorial services have been announced for beloved Northside High School science teacher Jennifer Bible, who died unexpectedly on Wednesday night at the age of 48. (Tuscaloosa Patch)
- The Tuscaloosa Police Department is accepting applications for its 2023 Citizens Academy, which offers the public an opportunity to gain an up-close look at law enforcement’s day-to-day operations. (Tuscaloosa Patch)
- The City of Tuscaloosa is currently accepting applications for two redundant positions on its Zoning Board of Adjustments. (Tuscaloosa Patch)
- ICYMI: Meet Hubert Pearce, the first-ever person to be nominated as a Tuscaloosa Patch Local Hero. You can also nominate your hero today! (Tuscaloosa Patch)
From our sponsor:
Today’s Tuscaloosa Daily is brought to you in part by T-Mobile. T-Mobile has invested billions to shine a light on its best-ever network, bringing LTE to 99% of the people of America, helping to keep communities like ours informed and connected. We thank T-Mobile for their support and for making today’s Tuscaloosa Daily possible.
🗓 Today in Tuscaloosa 🗓
- TCT presents Disney’s Frozen JR at Bama Theater (More)
- Carson Carlisle @ Rhythm & Brews (More)
- Rebel @ Copper Top (More)
- 6th Annual Unique Customs Toys For Tots Car, Truck & Bike Show at University Mall (More)
- Cookies with Santa @ Northport Pharmacy & Gift Gallery (More)
- Ghosts of Christmas Past Ghost Hunt @ Tuscaloosa’s Drish House (More)
❤️ Our media partners ❤️
Tuscaloosa Patch is proud to be a media partner of WVUA 23 News at the University of Alabama and Tuscaloosa Radio. Catch their great content and our headlines here and there on your cable provider, online and for our radio partners on the following stations: 92.1 The Possum, 102.1 WJRD, Rock 106.3 and 96.1 The Blessing.
👀 Listen 👀
A special thanks to the good folks at Warrior Asphalt who donated $5,000 to Holt High School this week.
5️⃣ Other stories I read today
- Bama fans are excited about the expansion of the College Football Playoffs (Giselle Hood, WVUA23)
- Would former Alabama QB sign Drake Maye to leave North Carolina? Mack Brown intervenes (Mike Rodak, AL.com)
- Pupils are exposed to burnout with the end of the autumn break (Lexi Crowe, Crimson White)
- PHOTOS: Eutaw, AL, Tornado damage (Gary Cosby Jr., Tuscaloosa News)
- opinion | Auburn drops another — this time to the First Amendment (Will Nevin, Alabama political reporter)
🙏 obituaries 🙏
Charles Dalton Holland79, from West Blockon (Rockco Funeral Home)
You’re all caught up for today. Up soon!
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Tuscaloosa Daily? Contact me at [email protected]