Alabama Gymnastics released the television schedule for the 2023 season, which begins January 6 hosting Michigan State.
Nine of the 10 meetings will be televised or streamed on SEC Network+, including all five home meetings. The Florida meetup on January 20th will be broadcast on ESPNU as that’s where the last two SEC champions appear. It is part of a series of the first five encounters, all of which will be televised, while the other four can be seen on the SEC Network. The final three meetings of the regular season will be streamed on SEC Network+.
The only non-TV meeting is a quad meeting in Fort Worth, Texas on February 11th.
“The closer the start of the season gets, the more excited we are. While there’s nothing quite like an Alabama Gymnastics Friday Night at the Coleman Coliseum, the reach we have through our partnership with ESPN and the SEC Network is truly extraordinary and has done so much to expand our presence nationally and even globally to enhance. Our ladies couldn’t be more ready to represent Script A in front of the best fans in the world this season,” coach Ashley Johnston said in a statement.
BRYCE YOUNG:Alabama football fans thank Heisman-winning QB for keeping delivering | good bread
THE LONGEST PRANKS?Is Alabama Football’s 10-Win Record Unbreakable? Only a school can | challenge Good Bread
The SEC Championships on March 18 will be broadcast on SEC Network, with Session 1 beginning at 2:30 p.m. and Session 2 at 7:00 p.m. The NCAA Regional Championships will air March 30 and April 1 on ESPN+. The NCAA semifinals are scheduled for April 13 (2 p.m. and 8 p.m., ESPN2) and the national championship finals are scheduled for April 15 at 3 p.m. on ABC.
It’s the first season for Alabama under Johnston since Dana Duckworth retired. Johnston comes to Tuscaloosa after being an assistant head coach at Auburn for the past four seasons. She received 10-time All-American honors while helping Alabama win back-to-back national championships in 2011 and 2012.
Alabama reached the NCAA semifinals in 2022 and finished seventh.
Complete Alabama Gym Schedule
- Jan. 6 vs. Michigan State (6pm CT, SEC Network)
- Jan. 13 in Arkansas (7:30 p.m. CT, SEC Network)
- Jan. 20 vs. Florida (6:30pm CT, ESPNU)
- Jan. 27 in Kentucky (6:30 p.m. CT, SEC Network)
- Feb. 3 vs. Auburn (6:30 p.m. CT, SEC Network)
- February 11: Quad meeting in Fort Worth, Texas
- February 17 in Georgia (6pm CT, SEC Network)
- Feb. 24 vs. LSU (7pm CT, SEC Network+)
- March 3 in Missouri (6pm CT, SEC Network+)
- March 10 vs. Boise State (7pm CT, SEC Network+)
- March 18: SEC Championships
- March 30-April 1: NCAA Regionals
- April 13-15: NCAA Championships