close
close

Alec Baldwin’s wife Hilaria says they’re “not okay” a year after the fatal shoot of Rust

Alec Baldwin’s wife Hilaria has opened up about how she and her husband are coping after the fatal shooting on the set of Rust in October 2021.

The 38-year-old yoga teacher admitted she and the 64-year-old actor are struggling more than a year after the tragic incident in which cinematographer Halyna Hutchins died.

“We’re not okay. We can’t be okay. Nobody’s okay,” Hilaria said in a preview of her upcoming interview on Extra.

She continued, “It was and is a tragedy no one could have imagined.”

ALEC BALDWIN’S FILMING OF ‘RUST’: THE STATE OF THE INVESTIGATION ONE YEAR LATER

Hilaria Baldwin said she and husband Alec are "not OK" a year after death "rust" Shoot.

Hilaria Baldwin said she and her husband Alec were “not doing well” a year after the fatal “Rust” shooting.

Hutchins, 42, died on October 21, 2021 when a prop gun Alec was holding was fired on the film’s set in New Mexico. The film’s director, Joel Souza, was also injured. The actor and crew rehearsed a scene in a small church on the Bonanza Creek Ranch set.

READ ON THE FOX NEWS APP

Baldwin has claimed he didn’t pull the gun’s trigger — once during a primetime interview shortly after the fatal shooting and again on a recent podcast episode. The actor originally said he pulled the gun’s hammer back as far as he could and let go.

In October, Alec paid tribute to Hutchins on the first anniversary of her death. He posted a photo of the late cameraman to Instagram and wrote in the caption, “One year ago today…”

The New Mexico Medical Investigator’s Office determined that the shooting was an accident. However, prosecutors are reviewing the shooting to determine if criminal charges should be filed.

On February 15, a wrongful death lawsuit was filed against Baldwin and other key members of the production.

The lawsuit called Baldwin and others who were “responsible for on-set security” and called out the “reckless behavior and cost-cutting” that led to Hutchins’ death, according to her family’s attorney.

Alec Baldwin

Last month, Alec filed a negligence lawsuit against the film’s armorer and several members of the crew.

However, on October 5, Matthew Hutchins, the late cameraman’s husband, announced that the civil suit was settled pending court approval.

“Rust” is set to continue filming in January with Matthew Hutchins as executive producer.

Last month, Alec filed a negligence lawsuit against the film’s armorer and several members of the crew, alleging he relied on them to ensure the film set was safe.

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE ENTERTAINMENT NEWSLETTER

Alec’s attorney, Quinn Emanuel’s Luke Nikas, wrote in the lawsuit that the Oscar nominee “lives with immense grief” and is facing an “emotional, physical and financial toll.”

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

“More than anyone else on this set, Baldwin was wrongly considered the perpetrator of this tragedy,” the lawsuit states. “Through these counterclaims, Baldwin is attempting to clear his name and hold the counterdefendants accountable for their wrongdoing.”

Fox News Digital’s Janelle Ash contributed to this report.

Source